Cardiff Friends of the Earth group doing a local Green is Working Stunt
MPs can do one thing this spring that will clean up our energy supply for a generation, meet key targets in our Climate Act, and support our growing green economy:
Support an amendment to the Energy Bill so it includes a target to take the carbon out of our energy supply by 2030 (a ‘decarbonisation’ target)
- More on why we need a ‘decarbonisation’ target (.pdf briefing)
- What’s happening with the Energy Bill now? (asks page)
- Green Economy success stories in your region: Download some great Fact Sheets by Green Alliance on how the green economy is working near you (.pdf)
- Find out who your MP is, and how to get in touch with them
- See the amendments we're asking MPs to sign (your MP will need to hand this to the public bill office)
Join in locally!
- A speech bubble for your MP to hold in the photo
- The amendment for your MP to sign and take to the public bill office
- Template press release if your MP signed, or hasn’t signed the amendments.
- A guide to getting local media coverage
- Green hard hats (just get in touch with how many you need and where to send them)
- Details of green businesses near you (Get in touch to see if we can help).
- You can take the amendments along for your MP to sign (and hand to the public bill office)
- Use local examples to show how the green is working near you (see the regional Fact Sheets by Green Alliance).
- Try and get others from your area along.
- There are tips on lobbying your MP in our local lobbying video guide.
- Follow up your lobby with a press release to the local media, whether your MP signed, or hasn’t signed the amendments