- Transport Scotland National Statistics were released today: http://www.transport.gov.scot/report/j415388-03.htm
- There were 24.1 million air terminal passengers in 2014, 1 million (3.6 per cent) more than in the previous year. Passenger numbers increased by 39 per cent between 2001 and 2007 reaching a peak of 25,132 before falling 17 per cent to 20,907 in 2010, since when they have risen 15 per cent
- Edinburgh airport had 10.2 million terminal passengers in 2014 (4 per cent increase) and Glasgow airport had 7.7 million, 5 per cent more than the previous year. Aberdeen had 3.7 million, (up 8 per cent) and Glasgow Prestwick had 0.9 million (20 per cent less)
- In 2014, 6 per cent of all terminal passenger traffic was within Scotland, 44 per cent was to/from other parts of the UK, with 38 per cent between Scotland and mainland Europe.
- Over the past ten years, the number of air passengers per head of population has been higher for Scotland than for the UK.
2. Stop Climate Chaos Scotland manifesto for 2016 calls on the next Scottish Government to use Air Passenger Duty powers to cut climate emissions: http://www.stopclimatechaos.org/election-2016-manifesto-air-travel